The Glovers Trust Board nomination process for 2021 is now open. It has been a tremendously busy year for the current board of 10, who have been working tirelessly and under high pressure to help instigate change at our beloved football club. There is now an opportunity for you to help continue with our hard work and be a part of genuine change at Huish Park.
Under our constitution we have an allocation for up to ten Board members each sitting for a period of two years before seeking re-election should they wish to do so. Two of the current board have decided to step down, with three randomly selected for re-election. This means that there are potentially five spaces on the board should you wish to nominate yourself. As we return to normal times and a regular match day experience, we are seeking to increase our activities and have already made steps to improve our membership offering.
Of course, a Supporters Trust should not just rely upon the Board members to organise and run every event, activity and initiative and for many Trusts at many clubs up and down the country the volunteer is the life blood of the organisation. We thank those that have kindly volunteered and we’d gratefully receive volunteers going forward.
If you are interested and would like to step forward, then simply complete the Trust Board Nomination Form and return it by Monday 20th September, preferably by email to email@example.com. In previous years we have required candidates to be nominated by two other adult Trust members, however we are forgoing this requirement in 2021. Please provide a complete a statement outlining as to why you wish to get involved with the Board. Eligible forms will be included in our Election manifesto to be sent to all current Trust members, who will then vote for their preferred candidates. Results will be announced on Monday 25th October 2021.
Full details of the process can be found in polices 7, 8 and 9 here and should be fully read and understood ahead of nominating but a summary the timeline of events are as follows:
- Monday 30th August – The nomination form is published online here. Trust members wishing to stand for election must submit a form which must include a manifesto of no more than 450 words.
- Monday 20th September – Deadline for completed nominations. All nomination forms must be received by the Trust Secretary, either by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or post (FAO Trust Secretary, Glovers Trust, 11 Home Drive, Yeovil, BA21 3AP) by the end of the day and will not be accepted after this date.
- Monday 27th September– Members will receive voting packs containing manifestos of those standing for nomination.
- Monday 18th October – Deadline for completed votes to be received by the Trust Secretary. Votes will not be accepted after this date.
- Monday 25th October – Election results are announced.